*We ask that you please read and review our clinic policies to prevent any misunderstandings. Please contact us anytime should you have any questions. Thank you.
- Patients with serious medical emergencies should go to the nearest Emergency Department. Our Clinic is not equipped to handle medical emergencies.
- On your first visit to Brooklin Foot & Orthotic Clinic for any new service – it is required that you fill out an intake form and a consent to treatment form.
- Chiropody services are not covered by OHIP. Payment in full is therefore required at appointment completion. Official receipts are provided for insurance reimbursement or income tax purposes.
No-Show Policy and Lateness Policy
- In order to provide efficient services to all patients, Brooklin Foot & Orthotic Clinic requires 24-hour notice for all cancelled or re-scheduled appointments. This ensures that we can provide quality, timely services to all patients as efficiently as possible. If it is your first time utilizing a service, please arrive early to fill out any necessary forms.
- If you book an appointment within the 24-hour time frame, the policy is in effect immediately.
- All appointments will end at the scheduled time so that we may serve the next patient at their scheduled start time.
- Due to the high volume of demand for medical services, late comers may be required to re-schedule for a later time or another day and appropriate charges for the late or missed appointment will apply.
- Please note all fees incurred must be paid before seeing a chiropodist and cannot be waived by any of the staff members, including the front desk. Patients are to email the management should any questions of concerns arise.
- The length of each health service varies, you may ask your practitioner for any further details.
Phone Calls or Email
- Due to COCOO regulations and privacy concerns, we are unable to offer any medical advice or management over the phone, fax or via email. Patients are advised to take advantage of our advanced access scheduling system for the next available appointment.
- Communication with administrative staff about your health or investigations is also against provincial privacy regulations and you will be instructed to communicate all medical concerns with your chiropodist at your appointment. Our staff will be happy to help with all other concerns.
Third Party Insured Services and Uninsured Medical Services
- Chiropody services are not insured by OHIP. Many of the services may be covered by your employer’s extended health insurance plans or other 3rd party insurance plans. All charges for services must be settled at point of service.
- We do not provide direct billing, however, appropriate information and receipts will be provided so that you may submit your claim for reimbursement from your insurance provider.
Product Return Policy
- We regret to inform you that our clinic does not offer any refunds for any special orders or custom goods/products purchased at Brooklin Foot & Orthotic Clinic such as Custom Orthotics, Compression Stockings, Orthopedic Footwears, etc.