Alleviate pain with Foot Mobilisation Therapy (FMT)
Do your feet hurt to the point of affecting your daily routines? Are you looking for an alternative to orthotics?
Foot Mobilisation Therapy (FMT) is the use of hands-on therapy to treat conditions in your feet and ankles.
The staff at the Brooklin Foot & Orthotic Clinic are some of the most qualified and experienced chiropodists in the Whitby and Durham Region. Their dedication to developing new techniques has led to world-class services for foot pain.
FMT can help you to feel better, move and perform better without medications or surgeries.
FMT has helped thousands of people overcome pain and walk with ease.
Most of the pain we treat in our clinic every day is caused by misalignment and restriction of foot joints, which many doctors overlook because they focus on treating symptoms rather than causes.
Many patients complained of having sore feet, aching feet or poor balance. Some had general pain and tightness throughout their body; others felt like their entire foot was heavy or stiff. These symptoms often occur when the feet are not moving freely within their optimal positions, and all supporting structures—such as muscles, tendons and ligaments —are forced to compensate.
Foot problems—such as plantar fasciitis, ankle injury, arthritis and Achilles tendinosis — may be caused or made worse by joint stiffness.
FMT allows us to gently test and realign all 26 bones and 33 joints in the foot, which helps restore normal joint range of motion.
FMT is the preferred treatment for a wide range of foot problems.
- We use natural, gentle techniques to guide the big toe and joints back into their correct alignment without orthotics or invasive surgery.
- We can reduce bunion pain—and prevent future problems from developing. Discover more about Bunions Here.
- Our treatment plan aims to identify and eradicate an illness’s underlying cause rather than just treating its symptoms.
- You continue to lead a normal life — you can go to work, play sports and wear your favourite shoes without taking time off from these activities while you heal.
- FMT is drug-free — our gentle and pain-free methods have been refined over the years with excellent results that last.
How does FMT work?
Our chiropodists will work on the joints of your feet, releasing any fascial restrictions and improving their movement and mobility. Restoring optimal biomechanics is the key to gaining better balance, stability and alignment in the body.
- The joint will be taken through its natural range of motion, breaking up adhesions and restrictions. This frees up the joint to operate at its ideal position, improving joint health throughout life.
- Treatment typically consists of a combination of specific but simple corrective exercises you can do at home when we are not treating your feet.
Foot Mobilization Techniques can be used to achieve the following:
- Break up connective tissue adhesions and restrictions around joints to improve joint mobility.
- Improve stability and balance by stimulating the body’s proprioceptive systems, especially in elderly patients.
- Strengthen muscles by invigorating brain messages that command the relevant muscles to contract.
- Reducing pain by stimulating the joint mechanoreceptors, which suppress nociceptor (pain receptor) impulses to the brain.
If other treatment methods have not worked for you, one of our chiropodists can make a difference!
Brooklin Foot & Orthotic Clinic is dedicated to providing innovative and holistic treatments to help you overcome chronic foot pain.
Foot Mobilisation Therapy is effective in treating:
- Heel Pain, Arch Pain, Plantar Fasciitis, Heel Spurs
- Ankle Pain / Injury
- Bunions / Hammer Toes
- Aching Feet / Foot Stiffness
- Achilles Tendon Pain / Injury
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Ball of Foot Pain / Metatarsalgia
- Shin Splints
- Tight / Aching Leg Muscles
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction
- Balance Problems in Elderly
- Pregnancy Foot Pain
Friendly foot care.
New patients are welcome. No referrals are required.
The Brooklin Foot & Orthotic Clinic team commonly treat the following:
Heel and Arch Pain, Achilles problems, ball-of-foot pain, arthritic feet, bunions, children’s feet, and knee and ankle pain.
16 Winchester Rd. E., Unit 3
Whitby, ON L1M 1B3
Ample parking available
Monday 9am - 7pm
Tuesday 9am - 7pm
Wednesday 9am - 7pm
Thursday 9am - 7pm
Friday 10am - 7pm
Saturday 9am - 5pm
CONNECT WITH US
The Brooklin Foot Clinic offers the following Chiropody Services to the Durham region, including Ajax, Brock, Brooklin,
Clarington, Oshawa, Pickering, Scugog, Uxbridge and Whitby.
Custom Made Orthotics | Swift Microwave Therapy For Plantar Wart | Theralase®: Cold Laser Therapy | Onyfix non-surgical nail correction |
Foot Mobilisation Therapy (FMT) | Diabetic Foot Care | Orthopedic Footwear | Surgical Procedures/Injections | Compression Stockings |
Skin and Nail Conditions | Clear Toe Therapy – Toe Fx